As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Midi Step Sequencing Machine (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Midi Step Sequencing Machine
Game & Watch
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 13 Years, 12 Months ago
Some good ideas in here - here's some other possibilities

Veqtor wrote:
• Slide curves
When the slide dialog is activated and you press and hold a slide step, it would be great if you could change the curve for the interpolation by turning a parameter knob so you can change between logarithmic, linear(default) and exponential!

Try LFOs.

• Parameter specific slides, what if you, when in the slide dialog could write parameter specific slides by clicking the parameter know you want to write slide patterns for.

Try LFOs.

• Clear all parameter locks and slides function.
I don´t know why there isn´t such a thing already, or is there?

Switch to classic mode Actually I think if you copy and paste into classic mode, only the notes go through but I could be misrecalling this. I believe someone figured this out once.

+1 on shared sample memory for all snapshots on the +Drive

This is just such an obiously superior implementation, I don´t quite get why it isn´t there on the first place. Now, I don´t know how hard it would be, but wouldn´t it be great if all snapshots had access to all the sample slot? I´d rather have a HUUUUGE list of samples availble regardless of what snapshot I´m in...

Just load another samplebank - the sequencer does not stop. You could have the same Rom Machine 2 set up with a bass in one sample bank and a pad in another. Just load away and it switches.
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 13 Years, 12 Months ago
to copy melody on the Machinedrum to the same or another track without the associated info of drum or p-locks, goto Classic mode, copy the track, select a new track (or the same) and paste the melody. then re-enter Extend mode for usual workflow.
Game & Watch
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 13 Years, 11 Months ago
Ahh, that's it - thanks!
I don't know if one of you guys has though of that yet (I'm just coming back from a 6 months absence here...), but what about having trigless trigs on the MD too?

Right now, if you want to have such a result, the best way -to me- is to set a trig, tweak the parameter you want to hear change, and set the volume parameter to zero for this step.

I imagined that in step record mode, pressing and holding a trig button while pressing or turning a encoder could record the value for this parameter without recording any trig.

In order to differentiate that from a normal trig, the LED could be flashing very fast instead of being fully lit.

Any thoughts ?...
Triggerless trigs on MD is something i would like to have aswell
Game & Watch
stiiiiiiive wrote:

Right now, if you want to have such a result, the best way -to me- is to set a trig, tweak the parameter you want to hear change, and set the volume parameter to zero for this step.

yep, that is cool, although the trigged note will interfere with any other previous note's adsr.

to attain MD trigless trigs, one option is to open the LFO screen for another Trig Slot (perhaps an adjacent machine to keep things obvious), adjust volume for that machine to be zero, and assign LFO to be directed toward the previous desired Trig slot.

then, in the LFO 'type' set to be 'Trig' (rather than Free, etc). and now, set a few trigs to be on, choose the appropriate parameter of the previous machine to be effecting (via the LFO screen) .. this is MD trigless trigs.

Monomachine may have trigless trigs, and three LFO's per machine, however the MnM cannot perform the same type of inter-machine Trigless trig LFO assignment the same way the Machinedrum can.
previewlounge wrote:stiiiiiiive wrote:

yep, that is cool, although the trigged note will interfere with any other previous note's adsr.

You are right... I forgot about that although I have been stuck with it yet.

The neighbour-track-LFO-trick is ok but its limits are the LFO waveforms. Actually, rather than trigless trigs, we are dealing here with trigless parameter locks, i.e. parameter lock that do not retrig the sample/amp envelope.

I'm sure an accurate LFO parameter locking can do the job, but I was speaking of some easy and user-friendly way to achieve this, staying in the Elektron ergonomy philosophy.
Cappy
MD & MnM mkIIs
MD:
A Retrig (like E12) / Note Repeat - function for midi machines ?
Game & Watch
Boelie wrote:
Triggerless trigs on MD is something i would like to have aswell

You can use CTR-8P for this by P-locking it.
Hmmm, will try this! Havent been spending any time with CTR-8P yet.. Still busy with exploring other things on MD and Mono Damn.. Do i feel like a surface scratcher right now
Go to top Post Reply